Founded in 1999, the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers (IMDT) is a leading body and independent course provider promoting the very best in the understanding and training of dogs. High quality education with an emphasis on proven, ethical and science based teaching methods, coupled with biennial reassessment, ensures all members consistently develop their professional dog training and behaviour modification skills. IMDT members are proficient with the most up-to-date training techniques available.
Laura is a full member of the IMDT. Placing the dog’s welfare at the forefront, she adheres strictly to the IMDT’s code of ethics:
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and the IMDT
- To provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high professional standard
- To actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort
- To avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs
- To work within professional limits and refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional
- To respect the privacy and confidentiality of all of her clients
- To carry suitable professional insurance including public liability
- To continue professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars
- To proactively benefit both dogs and dog owners
Happy Days Dogs will be launching a new range of dog training services in 2017 and will announce them here once available.